Tools in Marketing Small Businesses, Advertising How To Tips and Effective Signs and Banners in Seattle
March 4, 2011 Leave a comment
Good to Know Tips and Tools in Marketing!
Marketing: how is yours doing? Marketing is the number one way to help get the word out about your small business. Without it, potential clients could go on uninformed about your business. Thus, helpful marketing tips can help increase your sales and volume of work. Below are a few pointers to help you “Stand Out in A Crowded World.”
Did you know, you have only 1.3 seconds to grab someone’s attention with your signs and graphics?
Did you know, as a general rule of thumb, that it is good to calculate 1-inch letter height for every 10 feet of viewing distance?
Did you know that a high color contrast factor can improve legibility? Some combinations are easier to read than others. Also, some might be easier to read during daylight hours while more difficult to read during the evening’s dimmer light. It’s therefore very important to keep these factors in mind when deciding on the colors of your text and the colors of your graphics.
– Visibility – The sign should be sized appropriately for the viewing distance. Generally, you will need an inch of letter height for every 10 feet of viewing distance. The sign should also be placed in a location with maximum exposure to the target audience.
– Readability – The sign should be organized in a manner that readily conveys its intended message. Key words and phrases should be emphasized with larger letters, bolder type styles and additional colors. Ideas should be grouped logically and separated by layout and spacing. Graphic elements, especially digital color graphics, can greatly enhance the speed and thoroughness of communications.
– Notice-ability – The Sign should incorporate some design elements that will help it stand out conspicuously in the landscape. Color contrast, changeable components, motion, uniqueness of design and/or subconscious attraction can serve to make a sign more noticeable.
– Legibility – Type style selection is critical to the effectiveness of a sign. The proper font should convey the desired image without sacrificing the ability to distinguish individual letters. Take note that script and specialty fonts may project an elegant image, however they should only be used for short viewing distances and only in combinations of upper and lower case letters.
– Color & Contrast – A high color contrast color will improve legibility. For example: Black on Yellow or White on Black etc. Color contrast can be strengthened with an outline or drop shadow.
– Distance & Visibility – Be sure your signs have maximum impact by making them visible from a predetermined viewing distance. As a rule of thumb, it is good to calculate 1 inch of letter height for every 10 feet of viewing distance.
Signs Now Mill Creek is a premium graphic design company for the discriminating client that provides Marketing tools and services to businesses. Whether you need something as small as business cards or designing a graphic for something as big as a bus – we are there for you! We help you release your inner creativity, then we design and fabricate inside our studio and install at your location or ours!
Click the image below to take you to Signs Now Mill Creek: